Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When she does not look at you, she speaks to you...

One year ago, I was just a timid CLP participant, struggling to keep up with my life and faith, and then i was awed to this lovely lady who exudes colorful aura more than anyone else. Cheesy as it seems, but I know she's the one with the "it" factor. And when I say that, I always look up to people with great personality and impeccable character. I know Ate Maru is the definition of the "it"; a lady with a heart so pure and radiant soul.

Whenever she speaks, she catches anyone's attention, and so does mine. But one thing so conspicuous when a conversation holds between you and Maru : it's like she was talking to somebody in the room aside from you, with her head angled away from your direction. And sometimes, she would just walk past you like she hardly saw or recognize it was you. Well, if you are grabbing a copy of the August edition of Kerygma, it will explain why she acts such a way.
Despite of the condition, I somehow find it easier to communicate with her. She may not speak, staring at me, though I can hear her heart speaking to me. So I always listen to her and at the same time admire her. She's one of the persons who keeps my faith refueled for she had taught me the virtue of a child-like faith, which made a wake-up call to me. I adored this so much, because it's true, yes, that the purity of loving our God comes from the sincerity of our hearts. The faith of a child doesn't lie, it's truthful, innocent and pure. Thanks to Ate Maru for touching my life with a wonderful teaching. And so now I praise and thank God for sending an angel in the image of her for she continuously inspires us. Her footprints will be followed because of her wonderful journey on the sands. And now I came to realize that faith does not only choose someone who is able to see, walk or talk or hear, but it chooses someone who is able to let other see, walk or talk or hear how amazing life is. Ate Maru, God bless you.





No comments:

Post a Comment