Sunday, October 19, 2008

Post#5 Atlantean Escapade

It was a bright sunny Friday morning as I and my friends set our spirits for a great day ahead (In the mid of October, warm breeze of the nearing winter hummed to our way and remarked a notice that humidity had vanished totally). A creamy hot coffee late,a tasty potato hush brown and a pair of large hotdogs filled our mouths and hearts. When it comes to some economical yet contenting breakfast accompanied by fancy rubbish chitchat about the never-ending office stories of the past weekdays, Dubai Ikea Mall had always been a good choice. Take it from me, it's definitely a sure thing!
If there's anything that UAE is well-renowned about, it's better not the massive inflation of the visit-visa population in pursuit of employment windows for a promise of a heavenly life. And if UAE is known as one of the world's melting pot of cultures and races, it isn't somehow I wanted to say...but, of course, truly, UAE had earned it's reputation as a top tourist destination of the world because of its fast-paced progress(and still on-going). No wonder why high-raised skyscrapers, countless malls and theme parks popped like forest mushrooms everywhere in the country. For me, it seems i have been here and there to see things for myself until I went to the place which is another worth seeing for. It's the newly built Dubai Atlantis seated at the edge of Palm Jumeirah. It was indeed my first time to have been in such amazing grandeur and luckily we have dragged along a professional camera for every chance of taking good pictures. If you could see the picture above, the enormous frame of the hotel grew a lot larger as we have gone near to it. The facade was wordlessly breath-taking because of its elaborately detailed structure and neatly mowed green surroundings. We didn't hesitate to pull over and rush to the great entrance. The main lobby was packed of by-standers and and sight-seekers, equipped with cameras of their own, wearing the happy faces like us. And in the center of the lobby stood a fountain with an incredibly tall display made of colored glasses and ceramics twisted, curled and interlocked together to the top(It gave me an impression of a different version of Christmas tree). We dragged our feet to where the people were headed to one of the hallways and we ended up to the most thrilling part.
There, down the staircase awaited a great wall of thick fiber glass that windowed a thousand of various marine species including sharks and sting rays. These things swam around as the multitude busied themselves capturing photos and moments of experiences and jaw-dropping fun. We would have gotten farther around the hotel for more things to look at, but I daresay, some places were not for free, instead we excited ourselves to what was apparently available like souvenir shops, fancy boutiques and jewelry houses. The time stretched long enough while we strolled around, and then would stop in a moment for such a picture-perfect pose. I have seen lots of people with the look on their faces have enjoyed everything the Atlantis had offered. White people (Europeans, British), Asians etc. were present to witness it all. We were all like the fishes in the blue glass tank frolicking around the artificial ocean world, I thought. Then, by the end of the still sunny afternoon, I announced to myself it had been a great day. I even thought of planning about coming back there well-prepared enough to catch up to what we have just missed like the Lost Chambers that exhibits a closer look to the marine life and the Aquaventure for some water-fun experience under the sun. Anyways, I would never leave you here with just a period. I've got selected images for your eyes to savor of my great Atlantean Escapade.
Here's a better look in the hotel's interior particularly the main lobby, having what I so-called glass-ceramic tree. It's actually a fountain surrounded by massive columns. The ceilings glimmered with pieces of which I thought precious stones.It's me sitting at a red velvet cushion enjoying the classy mood. I hope my presence doesn't ruin the view:).
Relaxing and entertaining to watch the scene of aquatic animals swimming behind the blue-tint see-through wall.It's one of my fave shots, showing the real proof that we were actually there .This view itself is inviting to just go undress and put on some swimsuits and run under the heat of the sun. Unfortunately you have to pay for it...This is our version of going under the sun...looking at the nearby sea and again taking pictures of ourselves...And, of course it's me, my perfect remembrance from Dubai Atlantis...I really had fun...I would be glad if you could see things like i did in your way...








2 comments:

  1. ganda, galing!..kktuwa :)

    layo na ng nilakbay mo ah..
    ituloy mo lang..u go a long way pa.

    ps: mabuti ka pa nakarating na dyan, one of my x-collegue and friend now works there as a manager, di nya ko kinekwntuha, not til i saw it this beautiful thru ur post..

    more of this!

    (sensya na ipina-DC ko muna ung caccess ko sa office) rgds

    ReplyDelete
  2. the place is really beautiful..u're so lucky to be there.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete