Monday, August 11, 2008

Post#4 It Won't Be Soon Before Long

On one fine afternoon trying to stir up the day, I walked into Virgin Records and browsed for some CD's.
I found this impeccable album which i easily have enthralled with. Gosh, throughout the week this had been the playlist I kept playing in my ipod. Honestly I was never a frantic listener nor a huge fan of Maroon 5 until I got a copy of my own. The songs are really something that I could not get enough of it.

It Won't Be Soon Before Long is the follow-up album to the smash hit Songs About Jane of Maroon 5, a Grammy Award-winni
ng American Pop Rock Band with members: Adam Levine(frontman, lead vocals, rhythm guitar), James Valentine(lead guitar), Jesse Carmichael(keyboards, rhythm guitar), Mickey Madden(bass guitar) and Matt Flynn(drums). Being massively successful on their debut album that gave chart-toppers This Love, She will be loved, Sunday Morning and Hard to Breathe, Maroon 5 bagged numerous awards and recognitions, skyrocketing them to the music scene. 5 years in the making, the new set of songs were released on 2007 which was extremely appreciated over the airwaves, billboards and world wide web. The song Makes Me Wonder became the best-selling single and video on itunes. According to Adam Levine, the band's vocalist, it's a lot better than the first album with sexier and stronger music as it is inspired from the music of Prince, Michael Jackson and Talking Heads of the 80's.

The new album It Won't Be Soon Before Long comprises of 19 funky-classy cuts including 2 remixes If I Never See Your Face Again feat Rihanna and Wake Up Call feat Mary J. Blige. The kind of vibe it brings to your ears would make your ipod playlist set in a loop. I have found new favorite songs in the soultry, kinda old fashion sound of Back at Your Door and It's Better that We Break, which both tells honest feelings and direct interpretations of love and pain. I could imagine them being the musical score into the scenes on one of my fave series. Nothing Lasts Forever (a song about relationships that hardly would ever work out) and I Wont Go Home Without You that have been played all over the radio are perfect background while travelling the roads of Abu Dhabi or Fujairah in a dreary sunset. Fast tempoed and high-esteemed beat of Can't Stop and Makes Me Wonder that has an audacius sexual content would drag your left-feet to the right dance floor. And before I dose off at night, I would select the track Goodnight because of its relaxing, soothing mood, and that it gently drifts me off asleep. Anyway, it is just great that this album is worth additional to my CD collections and I recommend it to those folks with wide preferences in terms of music.


Here's a clip for you to check out...hope you get entertained...:)
Maroon 5 featuring Rihanna: "If I Never See Your Face Again"


2 comments:

  1. talaga naman..the rocker-artist in u are emerging. oh, i stil owe u the linky tasks..tama yan magmultiply k..

    ayos ang bago mong template..those words in red are again, better w/ hyperlink..

    rgds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.
    I like Maroon five's musics.
    Its soothing to listen to and very easy to relate to.
    Thanks btw for the comment you left in my site. I guess we can't really please everybody. hehehe
    take care :]

    ReplyDelete